Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dilemma

In my mission to replace the items that were stolen I have happened into a dilemma.

A few of the items that were taken were my beloved Louis Vuitton bags. I had a sense of steel at first when I realized they were gone. No need to be upset! Glad to be rid of them! I'll save up on my own and buy one for myself in time!

But then....the insurance check came in.

I went to the Galleria.
I stopped by Louis Vuitton (I needed the purchase receipt for the other bag that was stolen of course!)
I looked.
I tried on and modeled new bags.
They just came out with a new style in the Monogram Vernis. (My favorite)
It's a new color too.


And before I knew what was happening I was walking out of LV toting a bag with my new purchase in it.

And now she sits in my closet. I haven't used her yet because I keep telling myself it's silly! Go return the bag!!

Why? Well after the trip to LV I trotted down to Neiman Marcus. HAD to return a dress... Just stopped and looked at their bags for a bit. That's when I saw these:

That's right- the Gucci 1973 Top Handle. I just saw a picture of these bags in the US Weekly at my place saying they were the new "it" bag and sold out everywhere. The lust began. What to do? Could I possible get both? I DID have 2 bags stolen. But which color??? I really LOVE the black and the tan. Hmmm...Dilemmas. I would trade the LV in a heartbeat for this beauty.

I began to quickly weigh the pros and cons in my head. The Gucci would be a fabulous every day bag while the Louis will be great for evenings. Which do I need more (evenings of course) but which would I get more use out of (the day time bag).

I walked away- of course after giving the sales woman my contact information. On my way out I had to walk by the Gucci store itself. Painful.

As it stands now I still *plan* to return the bag. Slightly hoping that before I do someone offers to gift it to me for V-day coming up. The Gucci has been relagated to the Birthday Wish List. It IS my GOLDEN birthday coming up....Can't you buy gifts for yourself on those special occaisions?

Besides- I HAVE to go back to LV since I forgot to ask for the purchase receipt....

No comments:

Post a Comment