Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Georgia, Georgia

I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up with that Thankfulness stuff...Like the idea, no time to keep up. I may not have 30 days of Thankfulness but here's another one...

Georgia and I were driving to have dinner last night. On our way we hit a serious pothole in the road- hard. The kind of bump that makes you think your tires may have just popped. I freak out and say shout out "Oh no!". It was loud when we hit it and it took me by surprise.

Georgia- "What happened?"
Me- "We hit a pot hole in the road"
Georgia- "Why are you upset?"
Me- "Because our tires could have popped!"
Georgia- laughs
Me- "What?"
Georgia- "I think that is so funny. That noise makes me laugh every time!" laughing hysterically at this point.

So I start to laugh. I realize it's only a pot hole. My tires did not pop (although I stand by my first assesment that they could have and what do we pay taxes for after all if it's not for Houston to fix the pot holes!!!!). Georgia keeps going on and on about how funny it was, and the noise. "It's always SO funny mommy!" squealing in the back seat. Her 4 year old giggles are contagious and nothing can put me in a better mood faster than that.

I'm so thankful for her in my life- you have no idea. Looking at life through her perspective is the best thing I do every single day. I'm so glad she is there to start laughing at something like pot holes in the road and remind me not to take life so seriously.

We arrive at the restaurant and pile out of the car giggling and laughing and I had the best dinner with her. Full of Knock, Knock jokes that make absolutely no sense.....

Georgia- "Knock, Knock"
Me- "Who's there?"
Georgia- "Mashed Potatoes"
Me- "Mashed Potatoes Who?"
Georgia- "Mashed Potatoes Jello!!!!!! Bhahahahahahahaha!"
Me- "Hahahahaha"

Can you tell we were at Luby's? Georgia trying to act older than her age and start off conversations, "So, Mommy, how was work today?". I think I ask her that every day when I pick her up from school and she has been reversing the question on me for some time now, although I find it funny hearing her ask me the questions.

When I picked Georgia up from school yesterday she had a birthday invitation from a friend in her cubby. She opened it and said it was for Natalie's 5th birthday party. She asked when her 5th birthday would be, my response was to tell her she knew the date. "Oh yeah, May 25th" (she recently was tested at school and when asked when her birthday was she gave the answer May 25 although I knew she knew her birthday was May 24) "Georgia, your birthday is not on May 25th, it's May 24th- you know that" her response, "Yes Mommy, last year was my fourth birthday on May 24, but this year will be my 5th birthday on May 25!" If you ask me, I think that is a genius response- haha! Now that I know how she processed her birthday I have to give her credit at the same time I was able to explain to her how her birthday works and I think she understands now. I guess last year I may or may not have made a HUGE deal about my own birthday since I was turning 26 on the 26th...she may have taken that to heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment