Monday, December 19, 2011

Almost that time....

So the list of presents keeps growing for Georgia... Why do all the stores have to have these gimmicks? Buy one get one half off of all Barbie AND Princess items? Seriously? And they are everywhere! Target and Toys R Us both had the same deal.

Georgia wanted that elusive Barbie Case which was found at Target and by golly if I'm going to pay $50 for some silly Barbie case I was definitely going to pick out at least a $30 Barbie toy to receive my "buy one get one 1/2 off"

Well that was all great...except Target was sold out of the Barbie case but they had the "exclusively to Target" Barbie Perfect Christmas set. You know Georgia loves that movie....and you know I'm a sucker. I really DID debate on it... I mean what is the point of opening a CHRISTMAS toy on CHRISTMAS?? Right? That thing was $50 as well and while our little Elf on the shelf, "Elfie" is a more generous elf and has been known to bring Georgia entire new wardrobes in his down time. (okay really it was just 5 new outfits and 2 new pairs of boots.....but she needed the new boots anyway and it was more fun to say the elf brought her magical new clothes from the North Pole!) and he just might have wanted Georgia to get out of the bath tub without a struggle and provided [insert gasp here] Brand New From the North Pole Christmas Pajamas and maybe he did dress her Bitty Doll in a matching pair all while she was in the bath tub. So what. He is not springing for the $50 Barbie gift set to give her prior to Christmas morning. That would be going overboard. I don't care if he has confused Chahnakuh with Christmas or not.

I digress...so I ended up with the Perfect Christmas gift set along with some crummy Barbie toy that was totally not needed but cute- Hair Salon Barbie or something. My grandparents are both Barbers so kinda goes with the family theme right?

Off to Toys R Us where lo' and behold they are having the SAME deal- Buy one get one half off on Barbies and here's the kicker.... you get a FREE roller Barbie suitcase if you spend $100! Do you even know how much Barbie crap you have to purchase to hit $100? Especially when they are buy one get one half off? Let me give you the run down on G's list- Barbie Princess Charm School Barbie Case, Barbie and Ken Ice Dancers, Barbie Cheerleader, Barbie Cheerleader Pom Poms, Barbie Cheer Leader Cheer Outfit, Barbie Princess Charm School Delancey Doll, Barbie Princess Charm School Nikolas Doll...and now for the free suitcase!

But wait! They are out of the free suitcase! What to do? Take the chance and loose out on that dang Barbie Case or bite the bullet and purchase the items, run to another Toys R Us and make the manager grant me the offer and receive the suit case there?

Wow...this is what life has come to. (I can't lie y'all know I live for this stuff!) I purchased the Barbie massacre of items and ran to the next store in search of the suitcase...okay really? I did not at this point even know what the suitcase looked like but I had a feeling....and of course it's adorable.


1 comment: