Friday, June 22, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up

Okay so I know I don't have a section entitled "Weekly Wrap Up" ever buuuut it's Friday and here I am and I like the title.

So this week has been sooooo long. Filled with sickness, dr. appointments, meetings, work, etc. I cannot tell you how excited I am for a surprise getaway with Georgia this weekend at La Toretta for the night! I've heard great things from friends about this resort and we can't wait to check it out.

Today Georgia FINALLY went back to school. It took her all week long to recover from that nasty ear infection and today she was excited to be back and ready to go.

A couple of her classmate's are going tonight to see the new Disney movie, Brave. I have to admit- it looks good. I actually really want to see it! At the same time the previews look a little scary- am I the only one? Georgia saw the previews when we went to see Madagascar 3 and I had a feeling she was going to be a no-go on this movie. I really wasn't sure I even wanted to take her until I got some feedback from others who have seen it. (Or I went by myself to see it...) Moving right along when I got the invite to join her friends tonight for opening night I jumped on it. I told Georgia this morning and I kid you not her exact words, "If you take me, I will FREAK out." Point blank. I will freak out on you mom. No kidding, I will throw a fit and it will be a disaster. Okie-Dokey Georgia- I think I get the point loud and clear! Since her friends are going I tried a different approach to make sure she was certain and said, "Well, if we don't go we can stay home and clean, do laundry and pack for our trip tomorrow- is that okay?" Georgia, "Yes!!! I'm so excited and we can decorate for 4th of July!" .....Really?? I guess props to me for making cleaning and laundry a more tantalizing choice then a movie date and popcorn!

Once our evening plans were set Georgia said, "We are going to have a 2 girls night and everyone will come over and say "What have you two girls been up to? I can't believe you did all the laundry, cleaned and decorated for 4th of July, your house looks so beautiful!" So I guess I need to line up some visitors to come by and read that from a script...any takers?





1 comment:

  1. This was a really cute movie. I guess some of the parts were a little scary, but not too bad and they pass quickly. Its just the magic whisp's. There is really no bad character. No evil witch or anything like that. Its good

    ReplyDelete