Thursday, August 30, 2012

I'm officially a "grown up"....Have we done this post before?

With one very excited Kindergartener who tells everyone we meet "I'm five and I'm in Kindergarten!" I think I'm concluding I am officially "grown up". That and the fact I have a sticker on my car that says "RCE" (initials for Georgia's school- LAME, yet I love it, but seriously I feel kinda silly)...... also- for the first time ever my car hit empty last evening and instead of driving it until I was terrified of running out of gas or waiting until this morning and having a mad rush, as per usual, to fill up my car on the way to work- guess what? I stopped and filled it up last night. Brilliant. Really- I thanked myself a million times and patted myself on the back for that one this morning as I sailed into work- on a a FULL tank of gas. Who does that? Grown ups. That's right.

Meanwhile- remember how I wanted to have the house decorated for fall when Georgia stated school? I went ahead with my plans even though it was August 14th or something like that. The problem is my Halloween stuff and my Fall stuff kinda all go together in one big decorating theme scheme. So I just went with it because I was being lazy and didn't want to have to pull the boxes out again in 3 weeks or so. We even made pumpkin bread muffins and snicker doodle cookies in the shapes of owls the other night (FYI Snicker doodle cookies actually have NOTHING to do with snickers as the name may trick you into believing they are actually just sugar cookies that you roll around in cinnamon and sugar then bake, still delish but not as exciting as you would think.). I've pulled out the "creamy pumpkin" and "pumpkin spice latte" candles and I'm pretty much in heaven every evening as I breathe in the fall scents. That is until Georgia's friends from next door come over and question me as to "Why do you have a pumpkin doormat out with a jack-o-lantern on it?" Why? Because I want to! Because in 2 more days it will be September!

Whatever- you'll be jealous when we spread out the fake spider webs all over the place- I am at least saving that for the last week in September.

Oh yeah- just 2 more days until it's Pumpkin Spice Latte season- not that I've been counting down or anything.....

No comments:

Post a Comment