Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Quick post in honor of Father's Day for my Dad.

A guy I have put through complete misery while in high school, college and well, honestly I have to say it isn't like I'm rebelling anymore but for some reason I still need him around to help pick up the pieces on a fairly regular basis. Sorry Dad, but thanks....I'm trying to get better. (Seriously though- who else should I call when everything blows up in my face, or when I attempt my own home improvements and they go massively wrong)

Time and time again he covers for me and gets me out of unexpected situations...or quite possibly the situations are absolutely expected I have just chosen (once again) to not listen.

Last year we lost my grandfather (my dad's dad) a wonderful man that raised my Dad and taught him how to be a father. A month later we found out my Dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I suppose the reality of something happening to someone you love & depend on for so much makes you sit back and think.

Well, I thought. My conclusion is Thank God he is now cancer free now because really it was his only option. I would probably self-combust without the guy. Definitely not ashamed to say I still need my Daddy around.

(also if you happen to be reading this there is a dead insect in my house and I need you to come by and pick it up for me at your convenience)

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment