Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013

My view for the evening. "Santa" still has some morning set up to do (a few things can't go into action until last minute) but for now I am ready. I just changed that "I" to an "I" as well. I had typed "we" but Georgia clearly wasn't a part of this part of the day.

As per usual I'm doing a last minute Christmas Eve post. I made it through the day- Early morning last minute shopping, Christmas Eve breakfast and Lunch at my Dad's, Dinner in Pearland at my Mom's, Candlelight church with Georgia back home. A sweet tradition she and I began last year just the two of us that I'm really glad we have continued. In the past we have tried bouncing around on Christmas Eve from church to Church grabbing whichever service fit the schedule with whichever family member we were with. Last year I called it quits and decided we would be at our church on Christmas Eve to begin our wind down of the evening and it works out perfectly. Certain moments in life like seeing your daughter singing "Silent Night" on Christmas Eve with her face lit up by candlelight are tough to beat. Add to that moment that she looks at you with all the wonder of childhood and excitement of Christmas and well...you get it. I adore my family but I'm secretly glad that I'm selfish sometimes and steal those moments just for myself.

I'll circle back with a run down of our month later- it's been fun. We've done our usual Christmas showdown of activities and fun and tomorrow will not be any different. 

The thing that overwhelms me with joy tonight is the gifts under the tree- the gifts for Georgia, the gifts for my family, my friends, the people that matter to us in our life. There is a sense of accomplishment in seeing how far I've come over the past few years. Of course I'm never quite "there" but I'm closer than I was yesterday. I'm blessed. We (I'll go ahead and use that here) are blessed. Blessed to be surrounded by so many people that love us. Blessed to have gifts to give people and that we are able to give. 

I'm most blessed by a little 6 year old that has been tracking Santa Claus via GPS on my iPhone all day.  The sweetest notes were left this evening for Elfie & Santa. She just makes your heart melt:

"Dear Elfie, I love you forever, I like you for always, as long as I'm living my Elfie you'll be."

"Dear Santa, Tell the reindeer I said Hi, especially Prancer. Love, Georgia B.
PS- I had something for you" (Picture of reindeer attached)

Oh Georgia! I've said it before and I'll say it again- I miss this night all ready. She is growing up too fast. SHE read me "The Night Before Christmas" tonight. When did that happen?? Life is going by fast. My girl is growing up. For now we will celebrate each day as it comes our way. No one knows what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment