Monday, March 10, 2014

Slowing it down.

That's a joke. I keep thinking surely things will slow down and life will cease to be so crazy and full of things to do buuuut who am I kidding? Everything has been going at 150MPH around here lately I'm not really quite sure where to begin on an update.

Let's give a quick run down and maybe later this week I can provide a more in depth account.

Georgia's Christmas list was "A real live horse and snow" yep- that was all I had to work with. So Santa brought her horseback riding lessons and a ski trip to Colorado because he couldn't bring snow to Texas. Some of my great friends went along with us for a fantastic few days in Breckenridge. Georgia took on the slopes and was AWESOME. Funny story of the trip- I went to pick her up from day 1 of ski school and she was SO excited she started yelling out at me from her group telling me all about her day. I was staring at her in amazement because her hair was a disaster- literally all over the place like I've never seen before. They had set her up with her equipment (and helmet) after I dropped her off that morning. "Oh!", she said, "I had to take the rubber band out of my hair because it hurt when they put the helmet on!!!" I walked up to check her out with the instructor and said "I'm here for Georgia" his response???
"Oh! Crazy Hair Georgia!!!!"
........
Yes THAT is what they called my daughter. I immediately swooped the hair up into a topknot and we fashioned a more helmet friendly hairstyle for day two. ;)

Unfortunately I came down with a cold right before the trip which was a HUGE bummer. I felt pretty much awful the entire time. To the point that I took a 1/2 day off of skiing the first day which is super uncommon for me to do. Georgia then got sick the morning of our departure and began a puke fest all the way to the airport. Our return to Houston was pretty miserable and included a late night hose down of a car seat then the rest of the week she and I struggled to get back to feeling normal. The trip though- SUCCESS!

That weekend was my best friend from high school- Kristina's wedding. I spent the weekend in League City with her and was a part of their gorgeous wedding. So surreal to see her get married! One of those people that has always been there and I know always will be!

My Great Aunt passed away that Monday and while we are all happy she is in a better place it is still sad to have people pass on. She was 90 years old and quite the spit fire. We will definitely miss her presence at family get togethers.

That week began the non-stop ride of Rodeo events. I joined Janae at the Mutton Bustin Appreciation Committee Meeting Thursday night and we went to cookoff together afterward. Friday I had Aunt Ruby's funeral then drove to Galveston for Tillman and Paige Fertitta's 18th Annual San Luis Salute Mardi Gras Ball, Saturday back in Houston and cookoff with the girls. Saturday also brought us into a new and fantastic time of year....Birthday Month!

Rodeo began last Tuesday and thus far I think Georgia and I have been every night but one. I just can't help it- I have such great memories of Rodeo from growing up and my grandmother taking me all the time I just have to go. Georgia loves it! We have been able to see some great entertainers and several of our friends take on the Mutton Bustin in the Stadium! So much fun!

Best quote from Georgia last night at the Rodeo, "My boots definitely need to be cleaned."

***Disclaimer*** Pictures to be added later***

No comments:

Post a Comment