Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Tell me my fortune.

So I went to a fortune teller.

Yup. I did it. Honestly I have been intrigued in this for ages but was always scared to do it. Maybe I didn't want to know what happened next because let's face it- things were pretty crappy as is. Not to get all crazy on you but I did not give this person really any info and yet she picked up on a LOT. Here's the thing- regardless of if this stuff is legit or not a few things she said stuck with me. She said that she felt the past few years had been really hard and trying for me but that I should know the worst part was over. Life was never going to be like that again. I was almost at the end of the most trying times in my life.

When you are going through a fire you just live it. You don't stand around going "Whoa- life sucks right now and I'm super stressed". Okay- maybe I would say that occasionally but I tried to just go on day to day and make it. Honestly though- I had more days where I was just happy and that was my norm than days where I thought "Hey. This is hard." I think because I knew this was this right path for me. It's only when I look back and think I realize how tough it really has been. Just to hear someone say to me "Hey- it's almost OVER" lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. I looked at her strangely and the next few days took a step back and recounted my life the past few years.

Wow. It's almost over. The fire did not consumer me- in turn I became the fire. I took on a situation I never imagine and I've conquered it. I love my life. I love what I have made of it. I began this blog as a spin off of "The Bedre Family" which began to keep track of Georgia. Along the way things fell apart and now they have fallen back together (Is it okay to say that now???) Wait- strike that. Nothing "fell" back together. I put it back together better than before.

I don't think I needed a "fortune teller" to tell me this. I knew- I think everyone knows. The amount of friends and family that come to me and say "Melanie- you just look so happy these days" "We finally see that smile we thought we would never see again- you know? The real one?" lets me know that I've made it. I'm where I need to be. Y'all..I think I'm there. I may have completed the "Making of Melanie" after all. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment