Friday, April 25, 2014

The countdown is on!

We are just about a month out from the end of the school year. Thank goodness! I'm so over it this year.

We just had a big Easter weekend together and now we are rolling into the last weekend in April. How is that even possible? As I put together Georgia's Easter basket Saturday night I was chatting with friends how I felt as though Christmas Eve was just the other day....Surreal. Why is life moving so fast?

Over the weekend we had our regular schedule of Easter Egg dying at my moms and dinner Saturday. Afterward I had booked a suite at Reliant for Disney on Ice and we met a bunch of friends up there to see the show! So much fun!! It's always a blast to see the kids playing together and their antics are hilarious.

Sunday we woke up bright and early to see what the Easter Bunny brought Georgia in her basket. He's always so good to her ;) I cooked breakfast (Nailed those bunny shaped pancakes again- #winning) and then we were off to church! Hands down best part of my weekend happened here. At the end of the service the pastor began to talk about asking Jesus to be your savior. Then came the "repeat after me" prayer if you are ready. As we are sitting there Easter Sunday I hear the tiniest voice next to me begin to pray the prayer (out loud) asking Jesus to be her savior. Needless to say, I got a little teary. At the end she opened her eyes with a big smile and said "Mom, when can I be baptized?" Best Easter Ever.

We then headed out to the country (aka Laura's house) for Easter Day egg hunts and dinner. My sister and brother in law took great pleasure in making me hold all the farm animals they have accumulated out there. I suppose holding a chicken wasn't as frightening as I imagined. When Noah came up with a duck though and I wasn't expecting a reptilish foot to be placed on my arm and then it was I did scream like a maniac. I recovered quickly and moved on....The usual run down occurred- egg hunting, eating, trampoline jumping and kite flying with the kids. Then time to go!

We wrapped up with a trip to the theatre to see "Rio 2". I think I napped during the show but Georgia liked it!

This past week was another pretty busy one with dance practices (The big recital is coming up!) we had dress rehearsal last week. Sooo cute! We also went to the Skeeter's opening night last night. What a great stadium- it was the first time I had been and I want to go back. It's so family friendly and has a fun little kid area with a carousel that Georgia adored.

Another packed weekend is about to begin- we are going to end 1st grade with a bang. ;)






















No comments:

Post a Comment