Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Fairy Tale...

Once upon a time....

I dreamed of being a "Mommy". I wanted that one day. Almost 7 years ago I was blessed with the most precious gift ever. Not only had I become a "mommy" but I was a mommy to the sweetest girl in the world. Yes. A GIRL. I still say I willed this child into existence because along with those dreams of having a child there were fears of never having a daughter. I knew I HAD to have a daughter- there just wasn't another option. Fortunately God is good and knows what I can deal with. (Clearly we will all chat again when Miss Georgia is about 15) For now she is (and always has been) the best.

I feel TOO lucky sometimes. I had a beautiful baby- one that people would stop us randomly to tell me how gorgeous my child was (at times making our way through the produce department at Central Market was a time consuming event because of the attention she would receive...yes I am totally brag gin on her) She was amazing- slept through the night at 5 weeks old, napped well, was always happy. My girl was golden.

As we have moved through life I have realized just how important my job as a mother is. I have to give her credit though. This girl makes me happy to come home every day. I adore playing dress up- you all know I have all my old prom gowns saved.... and naturally Georgia gets the biggest kick out of our dress up nights. My favorite (hers too) is our dance parities. Invite only. :)

Being her mom is the one thing I've never questioned. Why? Because I had the best example in the world set for me. I can't "explain" my mom because it's too all encompassing but at the end of the day if there is ever a person in this world that I can go to- it's her. I know how to be a mom because my own mother was so great. It makes being Georgia's mom easy. This comes natural... My mom was (and is) more than you can imagine. How lucky am I? How many people have THAT person? I do. I hope I'm that person to my own daughter.

Happy Mother's Day Mom, Thanks for teaching me how to be a mom and for being there for me throughout it all. The ups and the downs. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment