Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wait....has life slowed?

So I have to say. I think I FINALLY have it "together"....

Life isn't so crazy this year- so far. Second grade for Georgia is awesome so far and lucky me....I have my old schedule back and I am able to pick Georgia up from school every day again. :) Therefore we are able to get her homework done, dinner, some work out time for moi and we are wrapped and ready to go by bedtime. All the stars have aligned.

This year Georgia is taking ballet & tap classes, theater and gymnastics. We've nixed soccer for the fall. So far- she's in love with all activities. We decided to table the Houston Ballet Academy (although she did advance place...mommy brag here.... for the next level of classes) for a more laid back venue for her to attend with her gal pals. She wasn't really feeling it and I'd rather her enjoy her activities rather than push her into something that she just isn't into. We've given it our best shot and if she chooses next year to re-enroll then we will just audition again.

Although this fall is feeling way more comfortable than last year it is already speeding by. It continually blows my mind that we basically have every weekend planned from now until the end of the year. Cheer camps, trips, Thanksgiving & Christmas schedules/ plans are all ironed out and I completely shocked myself that I just ordered Georgia her first batch of Christmas presents. (who am I??) The fall decorations are up and the only thing remaining is that first sip of my Pumpkin Spice Latte that I'm holding out on. Soon.... (as soon as I'm able to immediately run 6 miles post consumption)

That, for now, wraps our current events. A fantastic adjustment from Summer to Fall thus far and much excitement for the rest of the year. I have a feeling ((Did I say this before)) it just may be the best yet.... Here. We. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment