Thursday, March 24, 2011

EEG


Tuesday night Georgia and I had a slumber party and stayed up until 12:30am. I woke her up at 5:00am Wednesday morning. For the EEG, Georgia had to be able to fall asleep with the electrodes on by herself to be able to monitor her brain activity. So I had one tired girl on my hands Wednesday morning. We made it to Texas Children's and they ran the test. It went pretty smoothly. I am so proud of Georgia- she was a star.


The night before I had googled some pictures of kids with the electrodes on their heads and showed it to Georgia so she would be prepared for this. The technician glued about 30 electrodes to her head and then she and I laid down on a hospital bed. They flashed a strobe light in front of her and then made her blow a pin wheel (both the flashing light and breathing quickly can cause a seizure to occur) Then we were able to go to sleep! We both passed out for about 30-40 minutes. The technician came back on the speaker and told me to wake Georgia up. So I woke up a not very happy little princess while they got the final readings. After that it was over. The tech came in and removed all the electrodes and we went home where we slept the afternoon away!


I thought we would receive results today or tomorrow but her pediatrician called and told me we would not receive them for 4-5 days. Say a prayer that we are able to get an answer and start making sense of all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment