Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Wrapping up Summer

Where to even begin?!

Run, Run, Run (Physically and Literally) is what I've been doing lately...

Two weekends ago I went to Austin to celebrate one of my best friend's entrance into her 30's. I have to say my gal pal's know how to entertain. We started off the weekend Friday night on the third floor of Steiner Ranch Steak House overlooking Lake Travis with a cocktail party. Saturday morning we hitched a right on the limo bus she had booked for the day and traveled into the hill country to test out some wineries. Such a great day with my best friends and celebrating Emily's birthday. I'm not sure if I can top these amazing 30th escapes my friends have had but luckily I have a couple more years to think up something. ;)

Back in town last week and work has become a fairly intense part of life these days. I have been taking full advantage of Houston Restaurant Weeks and so far have hit up Brassiere 19, Hearsay, Mr. Peeples, Bird and the Bear, Phillipe and Triniti. HRW is coming in as a close 3rd favorite Houston event (after the Nutcracker Market and Rodeo Cookoff of course)

Women of Wardrobe and Dress for Success were putting on a Nicole Miller trunk show at Tootsie's Wednesday and I stopped by for some delish bites from Corner Table, Armando's & Eddie V's. We sipped on Stack Wines while we shopped- have you seen these? Perfect for a party to toss in an ice chest, the beach, etc. I found them to be adorable! They said you can pick them up at World Market. Pretty sure I'll be stopping by there in the very near future...

Nicole Miller was making a personal appearance and I have always been fond of her designs. I'm embarrassed to say I had one of her dresses hanging in my closet with the tags still on it from a couple years back that I never got around to wearing. What a perfect opportunity! She was standing near by and said "I was just looking at your dress and thinking How Cute, I wonder who made it- then I realized it was me!" I was slightly star struck ;)  Her new fall line has some to-die-for pieces that I will be picking up soon. I'm really loving the leather/ rock vibe being played into this fall's look- it's something I would have normally stayed away from but it truly feels accessible to everyone this season.

Friday night was girl's night with some of my favorite Houstonites. We planned on going to Rosemont Social Club (the new venue above Uchi). My suggestion- skip it.... I suppose I may give it one more shot after dinner at Uchi some time but Friday night was not the night to be there. Not quite sure what was going on. We moved on (very quickly) to St. Genevieve on West Ave where we ran into some friends and had some provisions.

Bridesmaid dress shopping on Saturday for Kristina's wedding (we were best friends in high school- miss that girl!) Such a great time with the wedding party and brunch afterward at one of my favorite brunching spots- The Bird and The Bear.

Outfit change and time to head to the Texan's game! My friend Michael was in town and had invited me to join him while he rooted on Miami. I donned my Red, White and Blue while he decked out in Teal and Orange. We had amazing seats (3rd row, 50 yard line) and met up with some of my friends at half time. It was a really great game- Texans win!!

Sunday Georgia and I rendezvoused as she came back from her dad's and we brunched at the new spot in the museum district- Lucille's. Y'all- I can't say enough about this place. I rarely go to a restaurant and want to order everything on the menu. Actually that NEVER happens.....except here. Everything looked amazing! Every dish was so different and creative. When our food arrived I really cannot explain to you how well the entire meal was put together and the taste of each dish was so different, yet perfect. It was really good. I cannot wait to go back.

A little back to school shopping for my mini-fashionista, a play date at the pool to meet some new friends and a Mommy/Daughter date to see Despicable Me 2 and we called it a night. 



 Lunch with Mom and Birthday Party
I have to say...these ladies are gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment