Thursday, May 10, 2012

It's that time of year again....Georgia's birthday! Can you believe my sweet girl will be FIVE years old? It's pretty unbelievable to me too. Her party is on Saturday and will be a Mermaid theme. Just a small get together at the house but it will be fun! In the meantime I am in a race to bake cakes, make cake balls, prepare the food, finish the decorations and maybe make a tutu skirt?

Not 24 hours after my last post I went home and heard something from upstairs. Couldn't figure out what it was...later I was giving Georgia a bath and saw her chandelier in her bathroom had fell! Luckily I make sure to secure my handiwork with safety cords so it did not fall or break, just kinda came off of the wall and was hanging there. Which reminds me...I need to hang that back up tonight with some better re-enforcement...

Things are definitely coming along at the house. My chairs came in- YAY! and the rest of the woodwork is f.i.n.a.l.l.y. being painted. Decided randomly last night I wasn't busy enough so I replaced a couple of doors that now need to be painted before the BIG day Saturday. No pressure.

Winston Modeling the Chair for me..


Playing around with the room set-up

I messed around in that room some more last night and it now looks amazing. I am sure I will snap some shots of it this weekend at G's party. Actually I think I will do a pre-show photo shoot while it's still clean....


School is almost over for the semester and I could not be happier about that. This semester has been sooooo stressful and fast paced. I am ready for a break.

Speaking of Georgia growing up- guess who has their Pre-School graduation tomorrow? That's right! Miss G! I'm sad her baby days are really and truly over, although I know I have really enjoyed every single minute of time I've had to spend with her.

This is Georgia and her BFF Lilly- we took Lilly and Georgia for Mani/Pedi's to celebrate Lilly's 5th Bday!

 Afterward, Georgia posed in a tree..

She is so gorgeous! (and smart and funny and sweet!)

Georgia wanted to help make dinner one night while I was cooking. She asked for plates and set the table for us, then made us dinner. If you cannot see we each get a plate of grated cheese. Yum delish (gag) and Georgia gets a chocolate bunny for dinner on the side of the grated cheese. (Seriously I'm gagging).


This little boy and Georgia think they are going to get married (ummm not so fast buddy) Georgia tells me over and over and over again how she and Aiden Lexa are going to marry each other blah, blah, blah. Yeah- not over my dead body unless you are 28-30 years old Miss G. And seriously- who even talks about dating/marriage in PRE-K??? She's got more important things to worry about child genius that she is. I told her she is not allowed to date until she is 20. I think they are sticking to playing Power Rangers for now. Jeez.



My little brother, Michael, was in town for about a month and just left on Sunday. It was great to see him and fun to see him being an Uncle. Georgia adores him.
 Ugh- I don't know how to make this not sideways- sorry. It's driving me crazy too.


Finally Scott's parents came into town for a quick visit and here is a pic of us at dinner:
I have no idea why this one is the right way.


Since I haven't ever done this...here are some "before" pics of the house.

The front..not much has changed here.... 

This is what you saw when you first walked in (DISCLAIMER- there are the pics from HAR)
  

Another view of the disgusting pea green walls. This guy repainted the entire place before putting the house on the market. WHY THIS COLOR???

From the front part to the dining table....
 
 
Kitchen

 The above picture is now Georgia's room.


 There you go- sorry they aren't all titled. But this blog thing is irritating me right now. The rest of the photos were pics of the upstairs bedrooms and bathrooms. I'll try to post some better "after" pics soon!


 Here is a random pic of mid-construction. The walls were mostly painted and flooring ripped up.


Okay enough of the never ending post here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment