Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July and Austin Escape

Georgia and I had a fun filled 4th! We started off at the Tennis Club to swim- they were having a fireworks show that evening but we weren't sure if we were going to be there the entire day. About 3 hours in and lots of swim time with some friends we called it quits and headed home to shower and relax a bit. Changed clothes and headed to my dad's house for dinner. They always adore seeing Georgia (not sure if they like seeing me or not...kidding. Of course they do)

Dad and Mary just got back from visiting their property in Arkansas where their retirement house is being constructed and then on to Memphis to see family. If you don't recall, my grandfather passed last November and there is still quite a bit to do to settle the estate. My grandmother is in a nursing home with dementia so the bulk of their estate is being settled since Grandaddy's death. While in Memphis they went to Nanhee and Grandaddy's house and continued going through things. While I was at my dad's house Thursday I got to see some old papers, pictures, etc. they brought home. I guess it still hasn't settled he is really gone.

After dinner Dad and Mary wanted Georgia to spend the night. We had other plans- we ran home and hung out for a bit (played a game of cards with some of the playing cards Dad gave me from Nanhee's house) then we walked to City Center to watch the fireworks. Ummmmm......SO FREAKING CROWDED! Ugh- we walked back. When we arrived back at our house we ran into some friends outside waiting to watch the fireworks as well. The girls went nuts watching them- so much fun!!

After the 4th I had a plan of staying at home and hanging out with Georgia, cleaning the house, maybe seeing a movie over the weekend. Then I thought again- She was leaving on Sunday for 2 weeks....surely I could come up with something more exciting! We ended up heading up to Austin for an impromptu visit with the Bungo's. Georgia ADORES Brock and even better it was Blake and Katy's daughter Gracie's first birthday party that Saturday! Blake is Emily's brother and I went to their wedding 5 years ago in Playa. So cool to now be going to Gracie's first bday party. She is on my list of cutest babies ever and I love seeing Blake and Katy as parents. I guess growing up is strange at times....I see these people I have known for what feels like forever now married and with children I just love it.

Our first stop Saturday morning was Brock's T-Ball Game- So precious!

Then off to Gracie's Party!
After the birthday party we went over to Emily's parent's house. Granny and Hopper were in town for the party (Em's grandparents) and I've known them as long as I've known Em. Such a great visit with them and her parents. They moved to Wimberly 2 years ago and now have a horse, miniature ponies and donkies. Georgia was in HEAVEN. When we pulled up there were deer in the front yard. Emily's dad took Georgia and let her feed the deer and ponies. Seriously I think she could have died.



Doug (Em's dad) and I also decided for the first time he thinks of me as an asset and not a liability. We have made so much progress over the past 11 years. Haha- love him! Remember we met when Emily and I were first going to Southwest (TX State)...... ;)

 We ran back to Austin after that and put the kiddo's to bed. Once they were asleep Em's sitter stopped by and Joe, Emily and I went up to Top Golf. I love that place- If you haven't been to the one in Houston or in Austin you really need to go. So much fun!
That's about it! A super fun past few days making memories with my gal. I can't believe summer is basically half way over!

No comments:

Post a Comment