Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A Throw Back Thursday (on Wednesday)

I'm taking you back today for a little trip down memory lane. A peek inside what was one of the most special places on Earth to me- Georgia's nursery. 

I painstakingly created her room when I was pregnant and it was everything I wanted it to be...and then some. It was always our special place and I use to feel "right" when I was in this room. I picked her bedding out first and then came up with the design on the walls. I measured the pattern from the bedding then scaled it out, stenciled and hand painted it. It took forever but was so worth it. Also- it was my first Chandelier installation- which obviously makes it that much more special.

So the point of this post is that Georgia's dad is moving therefore her nursery will be gone forever. While this use to sadden me I'm okay now. There was a point in time when I wanted to have this room preserved forever. I guess now that Georgia and I own our own place and we have made it ours it's time to move on and let her nursery and those memories go.
 We had to stop by our old house last night- there were some of my belongings left from when I lived there and we both took a moment to say "goodbye". It isn't the first time I said goodbye to the house on Grovewood Lane... but it was the last. So many memories there- the good and the bad. Maybe the best part is they can never be re-created. Memory is a funny thing- especially when so much emotion is wrapped up in such a small time frame. I moved into this house when I was just 20 years old never knowing what the next 8 years of my life held. I prefer to remember it as it was- when Georgia was first born and that room held all the hope in the world within. Maybe that is why saying goodbye was so easy this time- that room evolved into the life I live now and it is firmly in my past. My home now holds the present and future and I'm pretty excited about what is next to come.

My dear girl has gone from this sweet baby love....

To this amazing young lady saying "Goodbye"

Mommy & Georgia then..

and Now...(Not sure who changed the most...)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Georgia looks like she giving you a questioning look there at the end

    ReplyDelete