Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Another "Dear Georgia"....

My Dear Daughter,
Two nights ago I set my alarm for 5am with the intention of waking of to work out and I thought twice. I thought "Gosh- I've been waking up super early to work out a lot lately and we have been so rushed WHAT IF I woke up early and spent that time with you instead?" So I did. I woke up early, I woke you up a little early we left early and had breakfast out at Starbucks. I even took it a step further- I threw my phone in my purse while we were there...gasp. We chatted and ate (a yogurt and Red Eye for me, oatmeal and a donut for you).

Last night I had the same thought- wake up and work out. My alarm went off at 5am. I hit snooze. My second alarm went off at 6am. I hit snooze again. At 6:05 completely out of the ordinary I heard my door open and you walked into my room, "Good Morning!" I said, "Come snuggle with me". "Mommy, I just couldn't sleep." I told you that was perfectly fine it was about time to wake up but we could snuggle for a few minutes. "I miss snuggling with you." you said. Luckiest Mommy in the world.

We ended up scrapping breakfast at home for the second day in a row. I gave in this morning and you  order the cinnamon roll- then I taught you the best way eat it....from the inside out (right? It's gooier in the middle)

Thanks for making me a "morning person" the past two mornings. I told you tonight as I put you to bed that you are my world, and you are. We read (once again) "Oh The Places You'll Go" at bed time:

Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.
.....
And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3 / 4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!


I tear up reading this to you as I recall reading it to you the first time before Kindergarten (when I really lost it and started sobbing.) You've got it all Georgia- way more than I ever had. More so- you've got me behind you every single step of the way. I sure hope you look up to me. If you do- I sure hope you realize your potential in life far exceeds anything even I can imagine. YOU are amazing. No doubts about it.

Love you more,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment