Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Past

Here's a little flash back for ya. The past six Halloweens of Georgia. In going back to dig up the six pics that made the cut consider yourself lucky. This child has her life documented almost moment by moment. As her mother I think every moment is pretty much priceless. 

#1- Poodle: Taken in my moms office. We would all go to lunch together all the time I debuted Georgia's 1st costume that day! From the time I was pregnant "poodles" was Georgia's thing. It was even the theme of her first bday party so very fitting to be her first Halloween costume!

#2- Pumpkin: A girl I went to high school with had started a little TuTu making side business. I saw this idea on a website and sent it to her and she was able to re-create it. I LOVED it. The pics turned out so very cute that year.

#3- Peacock Georgia: I made this one myself and was oh so proud of it. Georgia flat out refused to try it on and prior to Halloween I couldn't even get a good picture of her wearing it so I was a little nervous. Totally bummed when she didn't win the neighborhood costume contest that year....

#4- Snow White: The first year Georgia was able to pick out and tell me exactly what she wanted to be. Her favorite- Snow White. I tried to talk her into something more exciting "Georgia- you can dress up as Snow White every day- it's hanging in your dress up closet...don't you want to pick out something else?" Nope...she wasn't going to have it. Snow White it was.

#5- Marie Antoinette: Ahhh The Culmination. I spotted this outfit years prior and died. They only start making it in size 4T and I had to wait several years for her to be old enough to wear it. 2011 was our year. I did not even ask her about it. The catalog came in (I knew from eyeing it in years past it was a fast seller) and I ordered it in August. We won the costume contest that year. 

#6- Kimberly The Pink Power Ranger: Annnnd we are back to Georgia picking out her costumes. She got REALLY into Power Rangers (which I kinda loved) I was a little old for them but my little brother was obsessed and he and I would watch the shows together. I showed the original shows to Georgia on Netflix and she loved it. She asked to be the Pink Ranger for Halloween...but not just any Pink Ranger. The ORIGINAL Pink Power Ranger...you know- the one from 1994? Like the one that hasn't been MADE since 1994?!?!? Countless hours spent ebay-ing later....



No comments:

Post a Comment