Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sick :(

I wasn't feeling quite up to par over the past weekend. Which is pretty unfortunate considering I have to run 26.2 miles next Sunday and was really counting on this weekend for some training time. Wish me luck...I guess.

My mom came over Friday night to help out because I was basically incapacitated. My dad had to drive me to the doctor from work Friday morning- it was that bad. She took Georgia to the store and usual they came back loaded down with sick food and gifts (flowers, chicken noodle soup, stuffed animals to keep me company, etc.) all picked out by Georgia herself.... oh wait, there is a King's Cake in my kitchen right now as well. Pretty sure Georgia slide that one in on the "Grandma's buy anything" tab as she begged me for it just a few days ago. (you can clearly see who has the restraint here) Apparently they even ran into a school mate whose mother got the run down (according to Georgia) of my ailments. Sounds like things get pretty crazy at the local Randall's on Friday nights....

I on the other hand felt as though I was knocking on death's door and could barely move to acknowledge the sweetness.

The next morning I was slowly functioning (able to move downstairs and stay awake for periods of time) when Georgia came up to me:

"Mom are you feeling better?"
"Yes, better than yesterday that's for sure."
"Good! That means God answered my prayers! I prayed you would be better today and he listened!"

She's kinda the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment