Wednesday, October 1, 2014

It's October?!?

Fall is here.

Temps are dropping.

Georgia is BEGGING to wear boots and long sleeves. Kidding- that's me.

Second grade is flying along (oh yeah- besides that math stuff that's driven me bonkers) Not gonna lie- tonight we did math homework.....ummmm I actually cried when she "got it". huh? Who am I? She looks at me and says "Mom? Are you about to cry?"- she saw tears in my eyes. Pretty much G. Sorry. whoa. Too much? Regardless....she "got it" and is an avid 3 digit adder now. Let's all give a round of applause. Don't even want to think about what is going to happen when she learns how to multiply. I'm realizing now more than ever I am a complete bucket of emotions. I'm gonna write that down in things I NEVER thought I would do- CRY over math homework....not in frustration (surely I've done that before...) but out of complete pride. Over 3 digit addition. Um yeah- moving on.

So to give a brief catch up on the times I'm NOT crying.... weekends have gone by fast. Two weekends ago we surprised Georgia, Hudson & Davis with a trip to Baton Rouge to see the LSU Tigers play. I may have not recalled Georgia has NEVER been to a football game. Ever. So we all get in the car to being our voyage and the kids all begin to ask "Where are we going?", "What is the surprise?" I played along with them for awhile, making them guess, etc. When I finally told them you would have thought Hudson's dream in life had just came true. Davis, naturally, is smiling from ear to ear.....not convinced he understood it all- but I like his style.... he is always happy to just be along for the ride ;).

Thennnnn you have Georgia. She slaps her hand to her forehead and closes her eyes, "Oh man! You have GOT to be kidding me! THAT'S the surprise? I don't even LIKE football. You have me all excited over going to a FOOTBALL GAME??" uh yeah. Sure did.

There was some damage control done fairly quickly (by moi) and she rallied. Luckily we ordered & had overnighted her a LSU Cheerleading outfit (along with a slew of LSU rain gear, ponchos, umbrellas, etc. since the chance of rain was 30% but had gone down to 10%- we were prepped for sure) that we changed her into upon arriving to the game and that smoothed things over even more. By the end of it all...

"Georgia did you have fun at your FIRST EVER football game?"
"Yes, I had SO much fun!"
"Do you want to come back?"
"No."

There you have it. Just another Louisiana Saturday Night.




No comments:

Post a Comment