Sunday, January 27, 2013

Yes- THIS is where I want to be.

Have you ever wanted something for SO long and you finally feel it falling into place? I'm reveling in the moment right now because I know "life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it". I cannot really express how happy I am that I moved to our new home. I did my research on the area and let me tell you- those late nights and concern over Georgia's school she would attend paid off- ten fold. I love her school, teacher, friends, parents, etc. They are all AMAZING. I watch my daughter making friends and see connections she is going to have for life. We had our first sleep over Friday night with Georgia's two best buds at school.

The girls were dancing and singing to a sing-a-long DVD in the living room while I filmed them. I thought to myself how priceless was the footage I was capturing at that moment. Three little girls- so innocent and full of life! I imagine them watching it together maybe 10 years from now when they are in high school. I thought about the trials that come with growing up and I was comforted to think about the day they let go of possible high school drama and giggle at the images of them dancing and singing at 5 years old. Such innocence, such sweetness! I know I don't want these moments to pass me by. If I could I would freeze those sweet girls at 5 and never let them grow up! THIS is where I want to be.

Saturday found us at home for once with really no plans except to lay low. Our awesome neighbors have told me how they cook out together on Saturday nights but we are normally tied up with other obligations. Luckily we were here and they invited us over. I wasn't aware I was about to walk into an incredible feast- It was amazing. Lucky me- one of my neighbors went to culinary school! ;) Sitting around on a Saturday night with my neighbors while my daughter plays with the other children and they run back and forth from house to house. Yes- THIS is where I have wanted to be.

I know this is not going to last forever but I do have a sense of pride for accomplishing this life for us. We are happy, safe, fulfilled and blessed beyond measure. The journey isn't over but for now it's time to sit back and enjoy the ride.

Just a little bubbling over with happiness and gratitude on a Sunday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment