Sunday, June 2, 2013

Georgia Turns 6 and We Party, Party, Party!

When May hit Georgia said to me, "Mom! It's May! It's my BIRTHDAY MONTH!!!" In our household that means it's time to CeLeBrAtE and Celebrate we did!

Where to begin? The first birthday celebration was at my Mom's house on Mother's day. Georgia's cousin is 2 weeks older so we had a joint family birthday celebration complete with a cake made by my mom that was 1/2 Sonic (Eli's favorite) and 1/2 My Little Pony (Georgia's favorite) all the way down to G's side being chocolate and E's side vanilla. Presents, cake, swimming! Fun!

Randomly enough a lot of our neighbors share the same May birthday, one of them shares it down the day, year, hospital and similar birth story. I had the girls over and we had cupcakes and ice cream and sang "Happy Birthday" to the Bday crew the day before G's big day.

That evening we went to a special Birthday Dinner with Memaw & Papa and did presents with them that night.

The BIG day arrived!!! Georgia woke up to "Get Your Sparkle On" (a Barbie movie song and also her jazz routine song from her dance recital) blaring from the hallway. When she opened her door she then had to bust out of her room due to the streamers I hung the night before blocking her in. She is not a morning person but she was pretty excited!

We went downstairs where I had her "Birthday Table" set and a pink iced do-nut with rainbow sprinkles ready to go and she was once again serenaded "Happy Birthday". I have to say one of the best things about being a Mom is being able to take a step back and look at the world through their eyes. Don't you remember the excitement of your own birthday growing up? I love to see that look on her face.

Then she was off for her BIG day- kinda. We were a little late to school so she had JUST missed her name being called out on the PA for her birthday. Oops. She was ready to go with her Birthday Princess pin and everyone was very excited! Memaw took her a special birthday lunch and ate with her in the cafeteria then I went up at the end of the day with ice cream cups per Miss G's request for the class.

Whew! Okay- we still aren't finished.....

Georgia picked The Aquarium for dinner that night and we took her friend Kendall with us for dinner and rides after. There were a lot of prom groups eating dinner before the dance and the girls went nuts running up to each and every girl letting them know how beautiful they looked and how pretty their dress was. It was completely endearing. Oh yeah, more cake, ice cream and singing here as well. ;)

Party Day! The Luau Party was a smashing success. (Was there any other option???) I think I had mentioned she wanted a party at Sky High Sports which would have been so much fun but in May all I can think about is how HOT it is. After a bit of discussion Georgia decided she wanted a pool party at Westside Tennis Club instead. Fine by me! We settled on a "Luau Flamingo" party.

We had a cap of 20 kids so of course I invited over 35 children and families then slowly freaked out prior to the big day when the RSVP's were rolling in. Whoops.

The big day arrived and it was pretty overcast. I was terrified it might rain at any moment but it ended up being perfect. My mom and Memaw helped me set up all the decor- a big "Thank you" to Busy Chick Planning for the invitations, water bottle labels, banners and toppers. They were adorable.

The cake was better than I could have imagined. Margeaux at Seaux Sweet did the cake off a picture I sent from Pinterest. The first time EVER I have sent a photo and the cake I received looked BETTER than the picture I sent! Not only that- it was absolutely delicious. She delivers as well which makes it so much easier!

The clouds provided great coverage from the sun and it was not too terribly hot for the adults if you weren't in the pool. The kids went swimming, then we had pizza, cake and ice cream. It was a really fun bday party and probably one of my favorites for Georgia yet!

We gave Hoola Hoops as Party Favors (Thanks again Busy Chick for the favor tags!). Then we called it a day and headed home.

If you think it ends there you are so very wrong....

The next day we met Grandaddy (my dad) & Emmy at church then another special birthday lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. Afterward Georgia and Emmy went to a little hair boutique where she picked out some beautiful hair clips as a gift. The big deal for the day was that Georgia was allowed to ride in Granddady's cool (mid-life crisis) convertible from church to the restaurant and then back to his house. Excitement overload! So cool! We ate, we shopped then back at Grandaddy's we had an amazing cake from 'Nothing Bundt Cakes' soooo delicious! I'm addicted. There Georgia opened another gift of (gasp!) Oxi Clean!!!! She was thrilled! I would explain but this post is long enough all ready so I will circle back later....

That evening we stopped by two Memorial Day Parties then finished out the weekend swimming at the club with friends on Monday. Big weekend, Bigger Month. Like mother like daughter- we both extract as much fun as possible during our "Month".

No comments:

Post a Comment