Friday, June 15, 2012

Cousins, Friends and Sleepovers!

Last week was the first week of summer! Georgia started off the week at Aunt Laura's house with her cousins for some fun. Aunt Laura picked up Georgia from my office and took the kids to the zoo on Monday. Georgia had a blast!




 Georgia's Favorite- The Zebra!

Then she spent the night with them that night. On Tuesday, Aunt Laura took the kids to the library for a snake show- gross. I'm glad she did this and not me! Georgia touched the snake, can you believe it? They also saw hissing cockroaches- Even more disgusting!!!! and a porcupine!

The morning at Aunt Laura's started with a lesson on reptiles before heading to the library....

What? Oh yes, Aunt Laura has 2 turtles as pets! Perfect!

 At the Library....



I probably would have been able to handle the snake...but I would have lost my mind when they brought these roaches out!
 That night I drove out to have dinner with everyone and we ate at Gringo's- I seriously have not had Gringo's in probably 10 years- but it was still good! Then Georgia decided she wanted to come home. She was going to miss out on the other activities for the week (a trip to see a balloon maker somewhere, swimming at my mom's house and going to see "The Little Mermaid" at Miller Outdoor Theater) but she was ready to come back which was more than fine with me! =)

Since it was the first week of summer vacation I let her stay out of school for the rest of the week and hang out with Memaw. Friday Laura dropped Eli off at Memaw's house and I picked up both kids after work. We went up to City Center and met Tamara, Jack and Kenny for dinner. It was drizzling a little bit so we cut our evening short and headed back to my house so the kids could play. April and Miles were running a little late but they met us back at the house and we had a big play date with the kids. I love that all of my friends are FINALLY having children- it's so much fun to be able to get them all together!

Eli eating his grilled cheese at Ruggles

 Georgia thought it was funny....

Eli spent the night with us- the next morning I took the kids swimming. Georgia is doing so well swimming- at first I didn't think she knew how to and was questioning her swim lessons but after I worked with her a bit she got the hang of it and is really great! After swimming we cleaned up and picked up Memaw and Noah to go see Madagascar 3. Georgia wasn't so sure if she was going to like it or not, but she ended up LOVING it. That night we went to dinner and then watched Cars 2 while we were laying down before bedtime. Georgia fell asleep when I took her to see Cars 2 in the theater so neither one of us had ever seen the ending of it. It was pretty cute.

This was at dinner....

This cracks me up- Can you tell it was the end of a long weekend? haha!


Sunday Georgia and I woke up and took Eli back to Memaw's to go home. Then she and I picked up some swim items she needed for school and met April & Miles at the farmer's market in Highland Village we ran to PF Chang's (another restaurant I haven't been to in years....) for lunch. Then Grandaddy called and said they were headed out to the beach. Funny- Georgia had been asking to go to the beach since the day before....it was a little late in the afternoon to head to the beach but we packed up and ran down to Galveston. I'm SO glad we did! Georgia LOVES the ocean and could spend all day long running in and out, building sandcastles, etc. We stayed until about 6:00pm. When we got back home Scott had made it back from his fishing trip with his dad and was cooking us up some delicious fish for dinner.

Telling Georgia we were going to the beach to see Grandaddy.

That is pretty much the run down of the past week or so....Monday night we all went shopping for Soleil's birthday present and last night we cooked more fish and had fish taco's for dinner!

Lunch Monday afternoon together- again we find ourselves at Ruggles. Thank you Eli for the fun way to eat grilled cheese. Georgia insists on doing this now and having her picture taken. =)

Here is a picture of Georgia yesterday before school- I guess I can never say this enough- she is growing up too fast!!!!

And last night at her "fancy" dinner with Scott and I at Brio- She picked out her outfit- so cute!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, that video of you telling her you were going to see dad is so funny

    ReplyDelete